Custom T-Shirts and Custom Embroidery
with Low Minimum Orders - Get a Quote
ARTWORK INFORMATION - Sending your design to us - File formats
What is Artwork?
Artwork is the term screen printers use to define ANY type of design that you want us to print. Whether the design is just text on a shirt, a company logo, a fashion design, a sketch on a drawing pad, etc, in printing terms, it's called "Artwork".
Before we create the films and screens for your screen printing order, or the digitizing files for your embroidery order, we need to put your design in our computers.
Most of the time, you can send us the artwork file that you have on your computer via email. Below we list the various file formats that we accept as well as some guidelines to make sure you're sending the highest quality file possible to get the best quality printing.
If you can supply your artwork in any of our preferred formats, there are NO art charges! :)
How to send your file:
Email: Most artwork/design files can be sent via email to email@example.com . We can accept file sizes up to 10MB
Web Upload:If you are having trouble emailing the file, or if you have a larger file size (up to 2GB), please click here use our online upload form powered by "YouSendIt". This will securely send the file to our art department: http://dropbox.yousendit.com/circler
We accept PC or MAC compatible files on CDR, Zip Disks, and even good old 3.5 inch hard disks. Files may be compressed with .zip compression.
Preferred File Formats:
VECTOR ARTWORK (Preferred #1)
- Macromedia Freehand version MX or earlier (.FH9, etc)
- Adobe Illustrator CS3 or earlier (.AI, EPS, .ART, .WEF, etc)
- CorelDraw Version X3 or earlier (.CDR)
- Adobe Acrobat (.PDF)
- Other vector formats may be accepatble. Please contact us to check.
- NOTE: Please make sure all text is converted to paths, curves, or outlines, or that all font files used in the artwork are also supplied.
Please make sure all placed raster images are either embedded in the vector file or included along with the vector file when you send it to us.
Raster images (like distressed/vintage effects) are often linked to a location on your hard drive by default and will not be present in the actual vector file when sent.
RASTER ARTWORK in HIGH RESOLUTION(Preferred #2) :
- Adobe Photoshop version CS3 or earlier (.TIF, .BMP. .GIF, .JPG, .PSD, .EPS, .PNG)
- Paint Shop Pro version XL or earlier (.PSP, .PNG, .TIF, etc)
- Other raster formats may be acceptable. Please contact us to check.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All raster/bitmap artwork should be 200 DPI at the size you want it printed. Graphics pulled from the web at screen resolution (72 DPI) do not work well for high quality printing.
HAND DRAWN ARTWORK, LOW RESOLUTION FILES, or "IDEAS" (non preferred):
The following artwork formats require art charges of $35 per hour:
- We can work from your design "idea" and have our art department put together an original design to use for your business, clothing line, band, etc. Read more about our design services.
- We can also accept hand drawn artwork sent through the mail. We usually scan these hand drawn images into our computers at a high resolution to get them "print ready". We send you a proof via email before we print any graphics.
- If you have a low resolution file, business card, or web graphic, our art department can usually redraw the image into a higher resolution vector file to get it print ready. Again, we always send you a proof of the finished design for you to approve before we ever print your job.
- Please note: that we can only begin working "non preferred" artwork once we have your screen printing or embroidery order in our system. All "non preferred" artwork must be acommpanied by a printing order. Once you place your order, our art department will contact you with proofs for your job via email. You will have access by phone and email should you have any questions or revisions.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call toll free at 1-888-842-4725 and ask for a QuickQuote, or use our no obligation quote request form and we'll put together a personalized quote for you within 1 business day.